Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Letter to Mr Lim Lip Eng

Please regard this as a brief intermission from our usual Bad Malaysian Drivers posting.

I have written to the MP for my constituency, Mr. Lim Lip Eng, in regards to the traffic jam at TTDI (towards the Sprint highway) during peak hours.

Here's what I wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Mr Lim,

I'm sure you know well about the traffic jam as mentioned in the subject line.
This is not going to be an email rant because I know the reason for the jam is because of the current construction works on the LDP.

However, I would like to find out if the traffic police can be deployed on a more consistent manner to ensure that the traffic jamcan be cleared during peak hours. I found them to be very useful during the evenings but I have not seen them lately. Perhaps we can persuade them to deploy more consistently and even during the morning peak hours, unless of course they have limited resources available to them.

What do you think? Are the traffic police a feasible temporary solution?

Thanks!
Leon Lau

--------------------------------------------------------------


And this is what he wrote back - an admirably fast response :)


--------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr Lau,

I agree with u. I will highlight the matter with traffic cop department.

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------

With this email, I have high hopes that the traffic situation will be eased, and therefore we can see some improvement in driving attitude on Malaysian roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment